I'm hard on myself in general and I've learned that I can improve that but it may never fully go away. It's part of my process that I have learned to find a place for. In that improving I have figured out a way to give myself more of a chance.
2. Your artistic style finds you. Not the other way around.
3. My favorite color to paint with is GRAY. Hands down!
4. The faster one accepts their quirks, tendencies & process the faster one can make it WORK for them.
5. You can't be everything to everyone. It's okay to take challenges & be open to new opportunities but it's okay to sometimes say "No". If things don't move you or you don't "feel" the project. Do yourself and the person asking a favor......say "no" because I believe without passion, the energy involved is wasted.
6. We are sometimes our own worst critics. Part of that is bad and some of that is good.
7. People don't have to love everything you create but if you are confident & passionate then they have to respect it.
8. Putting yourself out there is not so bad. You have to just do it & the more you do the easier it gets.
9. Starting is the hardest part.
"Inspiration exists but it has to find us working"
10. I want to paint well because I love it. No one can take that away from me.
11. Learn to take critism well. Learn to thicken your skin & not be easily offended. People opinions are exactly that.......their opinions!
12. I can't know it all. Wing it! I can't plan everything.
13. Create your own definitions!
14. It can be personal without being taken personal
15. Not every piece has to be a "winner".
16. Take a step back. Distance & time change perspective.
17. There are endless ways to create. You just have to find your own.
18. People love to hear the story behind the work. Sometimes there is no story & that is okay.
19. Art is my therapy. I don't know how I functioned without it.
20. Infection is perfection!